Mergers & Acquisitions
In the last several years, the firm has represented sellers and purchasers in 20 different transactions involving sales and purchases of ownership and/or assets totaling over $600,000,000.
Some of our most notable transactions in recent years:
- The firm represented a company that provided specialized cleaning services to food processing plants in a sale of assets valued at $27,000,000
- The firm represented a company that manufactured automatic doors and door parts in a sale of stock valued at $28,000,000
- The firm represented a home services company in a sale of its stock for $32,000,000
- The firm represented a neuro-diagnostics company in the recapitalization and sale of its membership interests for $100,000,000
- The firm represented a commercial door servicing company in a stock sale for $32,000,000
- The firm represented a software company providing services to restaurant chains across the county in a sale of its equity for $22,000,000
- The firm represented a rock quarry business in a sale of its real and personal property for $28,000,000
- The firm represented a company selling gas pipeline products in the sale of its assets for over $3,000,000
- The firm represented a group of insurance brokerage companies and a related insurance technology company in the sale of its equity for $200,000,000
- The firm represented the shareholders a company in a reverse merger of an indeterminate value
- The firm represented an industry trade organization for home services companies in the sale of its equity for $80,000,000
- The firm represented a commercial fire protection company in a buyout of its assets for $4,000,000
- The firm represented a temporary medical staffing company in a sale of its stock for $12,000,000
- The firm represented the purchasers in the sale of a door manufacturing company for $10,000,000
In these recent transactions, the sellers often rolled equity forward, but in some instances they were straight sales. Some of these transactions involved strategic buyers; some involved private equity groups.
The firm has advised its clients on numerous other transaction over the years. Indeed, Jeff Travis has worked on mergers and acquisitions going all the way back to the mid-1980s.
In addition to the foregoing transactional experience, the firm has litigated numerous mergers and acquisitions that have gone bad. This firm has handled a $5,000,000 payout dispute arising out of an acquisition of a healthcare company. The firm handled a $30,000,000 lawsuit for large sums due on a payout from the sale of a breast implant company. And the firm handled a multi-million dollar payout dispute for an oil field services company. Indeed, it is the litigation experience of the firm in the area of mergers & acquisitions that has made it uniquely qualified to do the transactional work. We know what is important and what is not when negotiating and drafting documents for mergers and transactions.